A new release of the GLEAMviz Simulator client is available, version 4.1, which features some extra data visualizations.
- Additional demographic and health-related informations in the city info popups:
- Average number of hospital beds per 1000 inhabitants
- Average number of physicians per 1000 inhabitants
- Average distribution of the population into age brackets
- Visualization of the cumulative individual transitions on the map as an alternative option to new transitions.
- Intuitive highlight of the census basins associated to each city/airport.
Real-time forecasting of unfolding epidemics represents an extraordinary challenge for mathematical and computational models due to the technical challenges posed by parameter estimation and validation. For this reason, the reliability of mathematical and computational models to support public-health decisions during an epidemic is currently under debate. The 2009 A/H1N1 pandemic represented an unprecedented opportunity to validate and assess real-time model predictions.